2.08.2012

Working in the sign business, I've always loved gold leafing on glass.  You see a lot of old Victorians here in SF with nicely painted transom windows.  So I decided to attempt that effect with the Buffalo type.

Painting in the drop shadow. Didn't have any dark brown enamel paint so I used Golden's raw umber. I'm a big fan of the raw umber.


This is what it looked like from the front side. I had a semi clear mask on the face to avoid any scratching to the acrylic panel. Plus I had to constantly flip the piece around to check my progress.  Pretty happy with the end result. I'm definitely going to do some more of this in the near future.
 

 Popped in the acrylic face into a custom frame I built a few months back. Didn't know what I built it for at the time but this piece works with it.