8.22.2011

The wooden bases are stained up and looking good. Tomorrow I'll put a coat of polyurethane and they'll be ready for Thursday.  Its perfect because the bottle openers just came in today!

These guys should do the trick. Picked up a few extra just in case I want to make some gifts for folks down the road.

Time to start painting the surprise project/gift. Took me a while to finally mix the blue right.

Getting in some spray action although my gun has seen better days.  That's masking tape holding the paint cup upright.

I ended up repainting the yellow text to a more muddier mustard yellow. Trial and error, I guess..

She's all painted and ready for assembly. I'll have some final shots on here as soon as the gift is handed over.  I think I'm definitely going to pursue more similar projects with the way things turned out...