8.26.2011

So a few weeks ago I started a project for my good friends Paola Witt and Felix Chow aka The Chitts.  They got married a year ago and I was thinking of a way to celebrate their awesomeness.  What started out as a hand drawn font to label a mixed CD I had made for them, became a little bit more.  Needless to say I got really into the font and decided it was time for them to have a proper logo for themselves. The rest is what I came up with from start to finish.  Enjoy.


Multiple-multiple drawings later I thought I had it.  There would be more adjustments once things got digital.

Once the drawing was scanned I built out the rest of the shapes in Illustrator at scale. Sometimes working digitally if you get obsessive, can work against you.  There's just too much manipulation that can be done.

I ended up using 1/2", 1/4" and 1/8' white Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) since I had a bit of it laying around.

 Exploded view of all parts.


 It was so nice to finally have a 3D version of the font, that I began to hold it up everywhere taking photos.

So many things going through my head at this point...Loving it!


Assembled and applying some finishing touches.


Hope this finds just the right spot in your home. Thanks for dinner tonight guys.